If you’ve ever tried to purchase Ripple or other cryptocurrencies using PayPal, you would have found that it’s harder than you think. Due to the high amount of chargebacks and fraudulent payments using PayPal, many vendors are hesitant to accept it as a payment method. Don’t worry though – it is possible! XCoins.io allows users to buy Bitcoin using either PayPal or credit card. They are able to prevent fraudulent payments by requiring identification from customers before they can make a purchase.
In this guide, we will be purchasing Ripple XRP, or any other cryptocurrency you would like to invest in, using two easy steps.
1. Purchasing Bitcoin using XCoins.io
- Go to XCoins.io and sign up. If you are asked for a promotional code while signing up, use 1epma4 to receive a discount on your Bitcoin purchase.
- After registering, click the “Get Bitcoin” button on the top of the screen.
- Type in the amount of Bitcoin you wish to purchase. You can also enter a USD value and the Bitcoin amount will be automatically calculated.
- After you accept the agreement, you will be taken to PayPal to complete the transaction.
- The Bitcoin should arrive in your XCoins wallet soon after. Check the “My Wallet” tab to see how much Bitcoin you have.
Now that you’ve got your Bitcoin, you need to register for an account on Binance.com so that you can exchange it for other cryptocurrencies. Binance is one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges because it has high trade volumes, low fees, free deposits, and doesn’t require you to provide identification.
2. Using Binance to exchange your Bitcoin for other cryptocurrencies
- Go to Binance.com and create an account.
- After registering, go to the “Deposits Withdrawals” section under the “Funds” tab
- Search for Bitcoin and press the deposit button. Binance will display your deposit address. Copy this address to your clipboard to use in the next steps.
- Go back to XCoins.io and go to the “Withdraw Bitcoin” section under the “My Wallet” tab.
- In the “Amount to send” input field, enter your whole Bitcoin balance (this can be seen on the top left of the screen).
- Paste the Bitcoin deposit address you copied in Step 3 into the “Destination wallet address” box and press “Send Bitcoin”. Your Bitcoin will now be on its way to Binance! It might take an hour or so to arrive, so be patient.
- Once your Bitcoin has arrived on Binance, visit the exchange section of the website. Here you will be able to see all of the cryptocurrencies available for purchase. Search for the cryptocurrency you want to buy, or click here to go to the Ripple XRP page.
- On this page, enter the price you would like to buy the cryptocurrency for and press the 100% button in the “Buy XRP” section.
- Press “Buy XRP”. Your order should be filled pretty quickly.
Congratulations, you have successfully purchased cryptocurrency using PayPal! To view your balances, you can go to the “Deposits Withdrawals” section under the “Funds” tab on Binance.
Now that you’ve got your cryptocurrency, you should be looking into ways you can secure them; leaving them on the exchange makes them vulnerable to hacking. I personally recommend using a hardware wallet, such as the Ledger Nano S, to keep your coins safe.
If you need other methods of buying cryptocurrencies, you can try these guides:
- Buying Ripple and Other Cryptocurrency: The Definitive Step-by-step Guide
- How to Buy Ripple Cryptocurrency Instantly Without Verification
- How to Buy Ripple Cryptocurrency in Australia